Monday, June 26, 2017 | 3:47:51 PM
Home | About Us | Privacy Policy | Editorial | Contact Us | Feedback | Anonymous Tip | Advertise | In The Press | RSS
Nose for news? Techgoss pays Rs. 1000 for 250-word news items, photos. Anonymity Guaranteed. Email Editor.
BPO/KPO ServicesComment |

Techie Love Story profits given to charity
By Suneetha.B

Symbols of undying love are rare!  Remember Eric Segal’s Love Story? Or maybe looking nearer home how about the Taj Mahal?  Well, when a techie decides to reveal his undying love for a girl, it an even more singular event. Yes, a techie who is a Project Lead in Infosys, Chandigarh has turned his real life story into a novel, in a process of catharsis of his emotions.

Ravinder Singh wrote ‘I too had a love story’ and released it in December 2008 under the banner of Srishti Publishers.  The high point of the incident is that this could have been you or me… who registers on a matrimonial website, meets a dream-match, prepares to tie the knot and then something happens…all in a matter of a few months. Ravinder relied heavily on his life experience to write this work of fiction and hopes he can find echoes of empathy among his fellow-techies. Here is the interview he gave to Techgoss.

Techgoss:  What is your technical background?  Which tech companies have you worked with?
RS: (Ravinder Singh): I am yet another Software Engineer. I have been working with Infosys for past 5 years and now I am project lead. Infosys is my first company.

Q:  How did a techie become a writer?
RS: Irony made me…

Tere jaane ka asar kuch aisa hua mujh par, tujhe dhoondate dhoondate, maine khud ko paa liya....
....otherwise I would not have come across an author in me.
Unfortunate things had happened in my life. And to come out of them, I had to give myself a reason to live. This book was that very reason.

Q:  What is the book all about?
RS: It's about an immortal love story. It's a story about how a guy happens to find his true love on a website, finally to lose her later…forever. Unfortunately, it’s a true story. When Narayana Murthy read the story he was touched and it is then, when he gave a quote for my book ‘Simple, honest & touching.’

If I were to talk about this book in different words, I would say this book is an answer to all these questions.
Do love stories ever die?
Can modern day gadgets like mobile phones and the ‘http:\\ www’ era of internet bring you the love of your life?
You haven’t met her earlier, but commit to marry.  Will you still call this a love marriage?
And what if on the engagement day while you pull the ring out from your pocket, you realize what you planned was just a dream which never comes true…?

Q:  Techies are generally perceived as intelligent and well paid but unromantic.  What are the real life examples of romance you have seen in the tech world?
RS: I know that’s the notion to some extent. But I would differ from it. You don’t need to be a Non-Techie to make some space for romance in your life. It just happens. When love knocks at your door, it won’t ask you your profession, but silently, take its own space. Real life example….hmmm…having written my love story I am that one Techie (perhaps) who is aware of so many real life love stories. People feel comfortable sharing them with me. A few of them have sad endings, just like mine. I don’t know how to react to them, but merely listening to them, gives them that satisfaction factor. Real life examples of romance? What can be a better example than NRN and Sudha Murthy’s love story?

Q:  How did you tie with Shaadi to do the book?  How is it doing?
 RS: This story is a true story. As per the story the guy and the girl met on Shaadi.com and the rest is history. While my book was ready to move to the bookstores, I happened to connect with Shaadi.com seeking what all we can do to bring this book up in a better way. I was glad to see their generous gesture to help me in providing the right platform to launch this book. The launch was done in Chandigarh on 1st Dec 2008. It was a press conference. The book is doing fabulous and that’s something which every author wants. It feels great when bookstore’s call me to sign a few copies and when some buyer’s at the store want to take a picture with me. The fan/friend mails have been rising like anything. It gives me a happy feeling that my share of profit will go in for a noble cause.

Q: Any plans of translating the book?
RS: Well, some dialogues in the book are in Hindi already, or to say Hinglish. And may be a proper translation as time goes

Q: Techgoss: What plans next?
RS: I guess marketing the book comes next.

Q: What are your favorite reads?
RS: I am a hardcore fiction fan and loved Eric Segal’s Love Story and Mitch Albom’s For One More Day. The last book I read and cherished was Arundhati Roy’s The God of Small Things.

It’s heartening to find more and more of a literary streak in techies. Techgoss has been focusing on their humane and artistic side in recent stories like the one on Farahad Zama and Nandan Nilekani; here is another person joining the list, Ravinder Singh.

(12/9/2008)
Comments
AYUSHI SINGH at 4/24/2010 2:37:44 AM
hi! i loved your book very much it is awsome there is not a single line that i have not read. Not only me even my sisters are a very very very big fan of you. And plz upload Khushis photo i am damn eagre to see her and i dont know what to write but you hve written an awsome bok and each of your feelings was seen in it. I dont think so that there are no one loves like you. And whatever you said her was dmn understanding.
DEEPIKA SHARMA at 5/2/2010 6:09:35 AM
hey ravi bhaiya its a request 4m a sis plz let d wrld knw how khushi bhabhi, d angel lukd..........nt 1nly me many brthr n sistrs f urs r w8n 4 khushi bhabhi's pic...plz bhai its a request
humaira at 5/4/2010 5:50:07 AM
Hey ur story was awesome wenevr i read diz line i too had love story my eyes became wet......lovely story lovely...plz upload khushi's snap wanna see her.....
shilpi at 7/24/2010 5:24:16 AM
hy....Ravin..i loved ur book vry much...and plz uplod khushis photo..m wanna see her..
meenal shagrithaya at 7/28/2010 11:42:09 PM
hey ravin i loved your book. there is only one thing i want to ask wat did u do the diary tht u wrote in US and u wanted a spl thing for her did u give it to her
Karuna Viniyani at 8/2/2010 5:34:09 AM
Hi Ravin, Ur book made my eyes wet so many times while reading it..It truely touched deepth of my heart. Ur love is indeed very pure and true.I wish to see Khushi "UR ANGEL" please update her photo.I also want to see how angel looks like..I hope u wll not disappoint ur fans..May God give peace to her soul and may god bless u also..
Nivedita Tailang at 8/23/2010 3:57:49 AM
Hi Ravinder, I read your book some time back only, as my freind suggested me to read so. Its really very very nice and touching story. My eyes got wet after reading your book. And after reading it, i am continuously thinking abt you and your angel. This is my favourite book amongst all the books i read. One of my friend madhavi and me are very much eager to see khushi. Please please mail us her photo.
DEEPIKa at 9/22/2010 12:27:48 PM
HI RANVIR..i read this book...n plz..i want to see your angle plz plz.plz..send me her pics plz...i realy want to see that lucky girl..
antim jain at 9/23/2010 2:57:12 AM
u r the symbol of true love.....
Mani at 10/6/2010 10:12:53 AM
Hi Ravinder..It was really a touching story...Are you still working with Infy at Chandigarh..Gud luck may God give u millions of reasons to stay happy..
dyin to get bck mah lost love.... at 12/11/2010 7:29:55 AM
Hii ranvir loved ur book so much......May ur princess soul rest in peace...!!! bhaiya...cn i hav ur contact details????plzz bro...i beg u!!!
aru at 6/20/2011 2:01:49 PM
for its u n ur love.....wont say much...jst dat....ur d best dat happened to dis era of dishonest ,fake world....where fr guys n gals...love z nthing ore dan a way 2 cherrish sm moments of der life...n den burry dem...n neva look back 2 dat wrecckage it has made..:))...u wrote a line der in..wen u were been asked a many tyms 2 marrry fr d sake of family...above awl fr d sake of khushi's peacefull life ahead....u said u wont b able 2 find sm1 who'd accept ur reality....of nt loving her in d rest of ur life...fr khushi was z n will b ur only love...telll u ravin....u wer wrong...as i already stated ur 1 ov d best dat happened to """love""...to ""life""...wud jst say....bless u.ur """u"""..proud 2 hv come across u, a person yet alive today on dis feelingless fake world...ummm...wanted 2 write more ..bt guess..der wont b an end 2 it den...stay happy...for u deserve d best...n fortunately...u got d best..yup.."""she "z" d best,ma kinda gal"""...:))bless u two..she z still der in ur writings...i felt her..:)...n yup u r right she z damn b'ful..:)
Sunia Mukherjee at 6/24/2011 4:53:26 AM
I cried a lot while reading the last part of the book. I always kept on praying to God that some Miracle should happen and Khushi should be alive!!!
minakshi at 7/12/2011 2:21:49 PM
ravin..... i m strange to know about people like u.u r totally different from others.n i m frm rourkela.have u ever been to rkl??????
niraj singh at 7/14/2011 9:40:23 AM
bhai it was relly heart touching pyarr nd d truth dat hapnd v r sory fr dat pls i m intrestd to talk to u pls text me its08019505826 pls pls
smriti sharma at 10/25/2011 6:18:33 PM
hey ravin..this is smriti sharma..i read ur novel...all my frndz use to tell me about ur story nd then i badly wanted to read it..it touched my heart nd like all others it made me cry too...i explained the whole story to my love by crying at end...i gatherd lots of guts to read the last 3 chapters they were too gud..u hav narrated it vry well..i dont knw whether u read ur fans comment ur not bt i wantd to say this....each nd evry moment touched my heart..i also cant even think of living widout my love..there r many ppl who r praying fr u...so as i..it is the best novel i hav ever read..gud luck fr ur life..byee tc..frm smriti....
Amrita at 11/24/2011 10:15:03 PM
it made me cry too ..
kavita .yadav at 6/24/2012 2:46:42 PM
simply awesome love story..i juzz loved it.. i cried alot means a lot.. i wanna see ur angel khushi's pic.. plzzzz ravin ...
PrintE-MailDiscussDiggFacebookSaveWrite to Editor