Rs. 20K for IT-BPO photos
By Bala Shah
Do you like taking photos with your mobile phone and digital camera? Do you have a nose for news? Do you want to see your photos published but prefer to remain in the background?
Techgoss.com reports on what is really happening in the BPO, IT, KPO, telecom sectors and their social eco systems. Eco systems is another fancy way of saying tech conferences, startup meetings, pubs, parties, bands and social activities.
Techgoss has launched a Rs. 20,000 contest for human interest photos from the Indian IT, BPO, KPO and associated sectors.
The best photo or photo feature will win a minimum of Rs. 10,000**. The runner up gets a minimum of Rs. 5,000. All other published photos will be paid a minimum of Rs. 1000. The contest starts July 12 and ends August 31, 2010.
What are the kinds of photos that can be submitted? Anything of human interest in the IT, BPO, KPO and telecom sector. This would include
- A joyful moment at the BPO cultural evening. Click
- Yoga Guru Ramdev conducting a Yoga session at Infosys. Click.
- IT Boss dancing with gay abandon at the quarterly TCS party. Click.
- Manager’s BMW parked in wrong spot. Click.
- Free Software Foundation’s Richard Stallman making a point to an Indian audience. Click
- KPO boss breaking the rules by smoking inside the office. Click
- Senior manager dozing in corridor before another boring NASSCOM conference. Click
- Bloggers having a discussion at a conference. Click.
- Four techies piled on a bike making their way to work. Click
- Hotmail founder and multi millionaire Sabeer Bhatia’s marriage ceremony to the gorgeous Tanya Sharma. Their wedding photos were leaked to Techgoss (Picture above).
Not sure if the photo you have can be entered in the contest? Just email us to clear any doubts you may have.
Techgoss guarantees anonymity to all its contributors, photographers and writers. If you have a full-time role in any IT or BPO Company, you can use a pseudonym while sending in the photo to techgoss.com. Your name will only be used in the article with your permission.
Please send your photo to techgoss[@]hotmail.com as well as editor[@]techgoss.com. Please do include a contact phone number and a good time for you to talk. Confidentiality guaranteed. ‘Contact Us’ in techgoss.com has all our contact details.
Ideally, each photo should be 600 X 400 pixels and less than 100 K. Each photo should be accompanied by a 2-3 line description about date and place taken and who the people in the photo are. Also ideally, the photo should have been taken in the last 12 months.
**There will be a minimum prize of Rs. 10,000 for the best photo. The runners up will get a minimum of Rs. 5,000. If there is no suitable winner in any one category, the prize money will be divided equally among the contestants whose pictures were published. Every photo published in Techgoss during this contest period will be paid a minimum of Rs. 1000. And if that particular photo wins a prize, that Rs. 1000 will be deducted from their final prize. Payment will be via PayPal.