Aegis to hire 5000 Americans
In July, 2013, Aegis Limited, a leading outsourcing and technology services company and part of the USD 39 billion conglomerate Essar, was adjudged by IACC as the Overall Best Company in United States. This recognition was bestowed upon Aegis at the 9th Indo - American Corporate Excellence (I-ACE) Awards held in Mumbai, India as a commemoration of the American Independence Day.
Aegis currently employs more than 5,000 Americans across 9 centers in USA, serving some of the largest fortune 500 companies. Aegis will be recruiting another 5000 people in USA taking their US workforce to 10,000. These jobs will be created in the next 4 months.
Sandip Sen (pictured above), Global CEO of Aegis, said, “We have expanded our engagements with existing clients, which will result in our hiring of more than 5,000 people. This hiring will take place in all US cities in which we have operations. When we joined the jobs4america Coalition two years ago we pledged to hire more than 4,000 workers in the US over the next two years, and we are proud to report that we have accomplished that goal and more. In addition to creating these jobs, we are creating opportunities at many levels in our organization.”
Hiring at the company’s centers is as follows:
- Irving, Texas: 1,800 customer service and sales representatives, licensed and non-licensed
- Killeen, Texas: 1,400 customer service and sales representatives
- Sierra Vista, Arizona: 380 customer service representatives, licensed and non-licensed
- New York, New York: 350 customer service and sales representatives, licensed and non-licensed
- Joplin, Missouri: 300 customer service representatives, licensed and non-licensed
- Port St. Lucie, Florida: 650 customer service representatives, licensed and non-licensed
- Fairmont, West Virginia: 120 customer service representatives, licensed and non-licensed
- San Jose, Costa Rica: 650 customer service representatives and technical support analysts