IBM BRIC booms
IBM has reported its 2011 Fourth Quarter and Full Year results
Fourth Quarter highlights:
- Revenue of $29.5 billion, up 2 percent as reported, 1 percent adjusting for currency. Net income GAAP: $5.5 Billion;
- Software revenue up 9 percent;
- Global Technology Services revenue up 3 percent;
- Global Business Services revenue up 3 percent, 2 percent adjusting for currency;
- Services backlog of $141 billion, up $4 billion as reported, up $5 billion adjusting for currency, quarter to quarter;
- Systems and Technology revenue down 8 percent.
- Revenue of $106.9 billion, up 7 percent, up 3 percent adjusting for currency;
- Free cash flow of $16.6 billion, up $300 million;
- Growth markets revenue up 16 percent, up 11 percent adjusting for currency;
- Business analytics revenue up 16 percent;
- Smarter Planet revenue up 47 percent;
- Cloud revenue more than tripled 2010 revenue.
Revenues from the company’s growth markets increased 16 percent (11 percent, adjusting for currency), and represents 22 percent of IBM’s total geographic revenue. Revenues in the BRIC countries — Brazil, Russia, India and China — increased 19 percent (16 percent, adjusting for currency).